Kathy Pynsent – Marriage Celebrant

As an authorised marriage celebrant, I am able to conduct legal marriage ceremonies within Australia. In the past 28 years as a celebrant, I have gained considerable experience and conducted more than 2000 weddings.

A Notice of Intended Marriage form must be lodged with a celebrant at least 1 month before the wedding date, but no more than 18 months prior.

The Notice of Intended Marriage form is available from myself, online on the Attorney General's website, or the Births Deaths & Marriages website. Overseas couples can obtain a Notice of Intended Marriage form online or from an Australian Embassy or Consulate. 

When the Notice of Intended Marriage form is fully completed, your signatures must be witnessed by any one of the persons indicated on the last page – usually your celebrant, but can also be a JP, a barrister or solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, or a member of the Australian Federal Police or police officer of a state or territory.

Overseas couples must have their signatures witnessed by and Australian Diplomatic Officer, an Australian Consular Officer, or a Notary Public.

Couples must provide original birth certificates or passports, and, if applicable, a Divorce certificate or Death certificate. Your previous Marriage certificate must also be provided with the Death certificate.

An Australian passport is accepted as identification.

IScanned and emailed documentation may be proved, or, if necessary, certified copies of documentation may be forwarded by mail in the first instance, but originals must be sighted before the wedding can take place.

All formalities and the document processing procedure is done by me in accordance with Australian Government legal requirements.

It is not a legal requirement to be an Australian citizen in order to marry in Australia.